NO.9: TONY MALLOZZI
When did you get into real estate? Why? How?
While in college, I interned at a local brokerage firm, and at that moment, I knew that real estate was what wanted to do. After graduating from the University of Connecticut with an Economics degree, I began my real estate career. As my grandfather had started a real estate company after the Great Depression, it was always my dream to continue the family legacy.
What charitable organization(s) are you involved with? Why this/these organization(s)? If someone wants to get involved with this/these organization(s), how can they do that?
I give back to the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. Dana-Farber has been committed to providing adults and children with cancer with the best treatment available today while developing tomorrow’s cures through cutting-edge research. This institute, including its doctors and nurses, has played a very important role in the life of many that are close to me, both family and friends. You can make a donation to Dana-Farber by supporting the Dana-Farber Marathon Challenge (DFMC) team.
What do you like about the business? What don’t you like?
I truly enjoy building relationships. I also love that everyday my schedule can change at a moment’s notice. It keeps my job interesting, and every day is a new challenge.
Describe the funniest or most entertaining transaction you’ve had.
I had a client buy a home over the Internet and never step foot into the home until the day of the closing. Five years later, she still loves the house!
What are the greatest challenges you see in today’s market? How do you overcome them?
Bank underwriting guidelines are an incredibly challenging obstacle for today’s buyers. Buyers have to go through an extremely time-consuming process to purchase a home. In streamlining the process, I encourage buyers to put down a larger deposit. This will eliminate the underwriting hassles for the buyers and alleviate the exposure for the bank.
If you could change something about the business, what would it be?
My brokerage firm is technology savvy and paperless. I believe the industry would benefit from a new web-based platform. Just one closing can account for hundreds of pieces of paper…save the trees!
What are your hobbies and interests outside of real estate?
I grew-up playing hockey and baseball, but my new passion is hitting the links around the globe.
Besides real estate, what are you passionate about?
Other than real estate, I am passionate about education, as it’s something that no one can take away from you. I am a proud member of the Alumni Council at Fay School in Southborough, MA and Cushing Academy of Ashburnham, MA. I also support UCONN.
If you weren’t a real estate agent, what would you be doing (your dream job)? Why?
My dream job was to start my own company, and three years ago I was lucky enough to achieve this goal – I am now living my dream job! I am excited about the future and about building a family legacy. Now, I hope the future holds an ownership of a golf course surrounded by homes to develop and sell.
Anthony Joseph Real Estate
Years in Business:
Westborough, MA Central Mass/MetroWest
This Single-Family in Natick, MA recently sold for $448,000.
This is a Cape style home and features 8 total rooms, 2 full baths, 4 bedrooms, 0.30 acres, and was sold by
Office – Anthony Joseph Real Estate LLC
Westborough MA Real EstateWestborough, MA - $1,650
142 East Main Street - Rentals - - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:130 minutes agoWestborough, MA - $409,900
34 Flanders Rd - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:7 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/1Westborough, MA - $359,000
9 Valley Brook Road - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:8 - Beds:4 - Baths:1/1Westborough, MA - $349,900
25 Oldham Rd - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:2
Shrewsbury MA Real EstateShrewsbury, MA - $299,999
15 George St - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:12 hours agoShrewsbury, MA - $320,000
27 Bruce Ave - Single-Family - Ranch - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:211 hours agoShrewsbury, MA - $1,700
73 Lakeside Dr - Rentals - - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:1Shrewsbury, MA - $1,900
43 Lebeaux Drive - Rentals - - Rooms:6 - Beds:2 - Baths:2/1
Southborough MA Real EstateSouthborough, MA - $1,449,000
2 Barn Lane - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:10 - Beds:4 - Baths:4/1Southborough, MA - $369,900
9 Lyman St - Single-Family - Colonial, Antique - Rooms:7 - Beds:4 - Baths:1/1Southborough, MA - $1,350,000
2 Nipmuc Ln - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:12 - Beds:5 - Baths:5/2Southborough, MA - $9,950
4 Wyndemere Drive - Rentals - - Rooms:12 - Beds:5 - Baths:6/2
Wellesley MA Real EstateWellesley, MA - $3,900,000
43 Highgate - Single-Family - - Rooms:13 - Beds:5 - Baths:4/3Wellesley, MA - $649,000
23 Brookfield Road - Land - Acres:0.25Wellesley, MA - $1,550,000
23 Brookfield Road - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:9 - Beds:5 - Baths:3/2Wellesley, MA - $599,000
89 Emerson Rd - Single-Family - Ranch - Rooms:6 - Beds:2 - Baths:2
- Another Incumbent Seeks Re-Election December 11, 2013Incumbent Westborough School Committee member Jody Hensley has taken out nomination papers for re-election to a three-year term, according to the town clerk's office. […]
- Sky Zone Employees Go Extra Mile For Holiday Store December 11, 2013The new Sky Zone Westborough recently stepped up to support the Free Holiday Store. […]
- Traffic Blocked For 90 Minutes After Tractor-Trailer Goes Over Curbing December 10, 2013Traffic in the area of State and East Main streets was blocked for 90 minutes Tuesday morning after an accident involving a tractor-trailer, Westborough Police Chief Alan Gordon said. […]
- Another Incumbent Seeks Re-Election December 11, 2013
- Kerrigan, Naughton, Polito eyed as strong contenders for statewide offices December 9, 2013From left, State Rep. Harold Naughton Jr., Mass. Secretary of Veterans' Services Coleman Nee and U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren. […]
- 'Sweats for Vets' founder appeals to public for holiday donations December 8, 2013In a region that has celebrated eight major sports championships in just over a decade, it's a common sight to see many wearing clothing bearing the logos of those winning teams. […]
- Cats take center stage at competition in Fairhaven December 8, 2013Cats, not the Broadway musical, came to town for the weekend as the Seaport Inn was turned over to a cat convention and competition by the Cat Fanciers Federation. […]
- Kerrigan, Naughton, Polito eyed as strong contenders for statewide offices December 9, 2013
- Sevcon Reports Financial Results for Fourth Quarter and Year End Fiscal 2013 December 11, 2013SOUTHBOROUGH, Mass. , Dec. 10, 2013 -- Sevcon, Inc. reported financial results for the fourth quarter and fiscal year ended September 30, 2013 . […]
- The Saint Albans Messenger December 11, 2013Brian R. Ladeau, 76, of Milford, Mass., passed away Thursday, Dec. 5, 2013 in the Milford Regional Medical Center, Milford. […]
- Southborough to hold hands-on emergency training drill December 10, 2013The Town of Southborough Emergency Services Departments, in conjunction with the UMass/Memorial Medical Center - Marlborough Hospital, will be conducting a hands-on training drill at 28 Newton Street, Southborough from 12 - 4 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 11. This drill will exercise and challenge the staff employed at the UMass/Memorial suite located at ... (more […]
- Sevcon Reports Financial Results for Fourth Quarter and Year End Fiscal 2013 December 11, 2013
- Miller Convertible Fund Capital Gains Estimates December 10, 2013The table also lists the share class, record date , ex-date and payable date. The information is sent to you for information purposes only and is an estimate of the rates and sources of the December capital gain distribution. […]
- Town Meeting Reps Tackle Liquor License Requests, Dunkin' Donuts Land Deal and More December 10, 2013Wellesley Town Meeting Representatives have a decent shot at finishing up their two special Town Meetings on Tuesday night after a first evening on Monday that did not see much controversy. […]
- LINX Donates Uniquely Decorated Christmas Trees to be Raffled Off in Festival of Trees Fundraiser December 10, 2013December 9, 2013 - For a fourth year, LINX, Wellesley's leading enrichment club for children and teens, has donated two uniquely decorated Christmas trees, to be raffled off during the Massachusetts Horticultural Society's 5th annual Festival of Trees. […]
- Miller Convertible Fund Capital Gains Estimates December 10, 2013